September is Ovarian Cancer month, so we wanted to share these signs and symptoms. It’s important to know that there is currently no effective screening tool for ovarian cancer, so women need to know these well and talk to their OB/GYN or primary care physician if they’re experiencing any of these for an extended period time.
While the highest occurrence of ovarian cancer is among women over 50, it still affects women of all ages. Many of these symptoms are often associated with other female issues, including menopause and menstruation, so track your symptoms and be your own advocate when it comes to your health.
FROM OUR SPONSOR
To learn more, visit TealDiva.org and T.E.A.L.
- Frequency and/or urgency of urination.
- Sometimes vague but persistent and unexplained gastrointestinal issues.
- Bloating or feeling full.
- Back pain.
- Unexplained changes in your bowel habits.
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Unexplained weight gain.
- Fatigue that is unexplained.
- Shortness of breath.
- Abnormal and unexplained postmenopausal bleeding.