As many of us continue to quarantine during this COVID-19 pandemic, we’re feeling the weight of the stress and anxiety on our shoulders. That’s why it’s so important to ensure that you’ve got a healthy self-care regimen in place.
Here are 5 self-care ideas that could help alleviate some of your stress, and boost your morale.
- Morning meditation. Just five minutes of mindfulness can go a long way, at least according to mediation expert Anne Sussman. Meditation can help you find focus and peace as you start your day.
- Scheduled quiet time. Take a break from homeschooling or work, and schedule 10-15 minutes of “me” time into your day. You can sit and watch a show, read a book, or write in a journal.
- Virtual lunch with a friend. Set up a lunch date with a friend on a daily or weekly basis. Grab your food, then call them over Zoom or FaceTime. It’s amazing what a little connection can do for your spirit.
- At-home spa night. Give yourself a facial, or mini manicure. Or just sit in the tub with some candles. If you can’t go to the spa for some relaxation, bring it home to yourself.
- Take an online class. With some extra time on your hands, why not learn a new skill? You’ll find a plethora of free online classes, like the ones at Girls Nite In Online, where you can take everything from a Pilates workshop to a cooking class, right from home.